August 18, 2012

Certified

Share it Please
I did my Reiki Level 1 class today and am now a certified Reiki healer allowed to take clients and start my own clinic if I want to. It seems wild that you can do that in just one day, but the basic principles are astonishingly simple. Essentially it's all about the atoms around us that we call energy before they take form as a solid object. Physics 101, it even makes sense in the left part of my brain.

The concept of Reiki healing has nothing to do with special powers, mystical rituals or religion, but is all about feeling those energies and learning to direct them. We can't see the wind, heat or cold, but we still know it's there because we can feel it on our skin. The only difference is that the wind, heat and cold are commonly accepted to feel and we get confirmation from others every day that they can feel it too. Feeling energies however we are often told (in the west anyway) is just our imagination, or at least we're told were crazy if we  think we can do anything with them, so as adults we simply can't feel them anymore.

But it's a well known scientific fact that energies can change form and affect each other. Electricity can be converted to light and heat with a piece of filament in a concealed space filled with gas. The wind can rip trees from the ground. The sun can burn our skin or start fires. And it's all just energy. So are we, so is it really that strange that humans also can affect other energies or even the energies flowing within ourselves?

Now, I always felt these energies, so to me it doesn't really take much convincing. Reiki is simply learning to feel these energies and direct them, like a magnifying glass held in the sun. Then there are energy fields in our body we can direct that magnifying glass towards to encourage physical or emotional change in the human energies. And it's really that simple, you hardly have to do anything. After some tuning from a Reiki Master it just happens on its own. You can really feel something happening, even if you don't feel anything super special, you will most definitely feel heat. Becoming really good at it and learning where to focus that energy and so on takes years of practice though.

When I arrived at my Reiki master's office it turned out she has an 8 months old son who she had to care for today since her mother broke her leg and couldn't babysit as usual. Seeing her with him made my heart rate go up quite a bit and I felt a deep sadness. Then her master student who was co-teaching the course showed up - with a belly. Two months pregnant. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Here I am, not even a week since loosing Zoe and Kian, stuck in a room with a pregnant woman and a toddler. Coincidence? I am not so sure. It was kind of bizarre that this class showed up when it did to begin with as I wrote about in a previous post.

After getting through the first few minutes, answering the question about why I was there wanting to learn Reiki and telling them my story I slowly calmed down. I am really glad there was only one other student there so I didn't have to deal with too many people at the same time.

After the introduction, theory and attunement it was our turn to do our first real Reiki session on each other and I was the first one on the table to be treated by Jeff, my fellow student. I didn't really feel much right away, except it felt good to lay down and relax a bit cause I was getting a bit tired. But when he got to my knees it was just something there that felt incredibly good. I didn't have any pain there before, it was more like when you carried a heavy backpack around for hours and you take it off, a sense of wonderful relief.
When he did my lower back on the other hand it was like somebody stabbed me with a knife through my spine and all the way to the front of my lower belly and uterus, but as he kept his hands there is gradually eased away.

Then it was my turn to heal Jeff, and the first thing we do is scan the body by moving your hands slowly over the client with our hands at a few inches distance. It has to be mentioned that Jeff was an extremely overweight man, and that I expected he would have problems with his heart, lungs or fighting diabetes or other issues often associated with obese people. To my surprise I didn't feel anything except for in the area around his liver, and even told him that I think he is actually in a pretty good shape. I did however feel that he is carrying a lot of mental baggage and I told him it feels like he is beating himself up a lot. He confirmed that he has been doing that his entire life, and that this is the reason why he became so fat. The teachers said that the liver and kidneys are associated with deep mental pain or grief and could simply be the same as the feeling I had about his depressions and self punishment.

During the healing session itself, he had similar experiences as me, but in his left foot and in his shoulders.

After the class, he offered me a lift back home since he was going that direction anyway, and we talked a little bit more, and he told me that he sees a doctor regularly to check up on his health while trying to change his life style and loose weight, and that he infact is extremely lucky to be 100% healthy and have no problems at all with either diabetes, his heart or lungs or anything at all. He said he was blown away by the things I picked up and how he felt when I was touching his foot and shoulders, and frankly I felt a bit blown away by that myself. I didn't expect I would be that right about someone at my first try.

After the class, when I got back home I suddenly got aches and pains all over my body. I could barely walk because my left hip was so painful and giving in when I put my foot down, and I was so tired I almost passed out within seconds after putting my head down on the couch. I gotta ask my teacher about that, if it is normal or if I did something wrong and somehow gave my own energy instead of just channeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me